October 2, 2008

My Favorite Ghostbusting Story: How do you feel about snakes?

On my way to clear houses I always use the drive to prepare myself for the job I'm about to do. I start with a gratitude prayer, thanking God for the ability to help people. Then I clear my own energy fields so that I can be a clear conduit of God's grace. I never try to anticipate what is going to happen before I get to the property.

For this particular property, I was hired to clear the energy not for a house to sell, but because their four-year-old boy would not sleep in his bedroom anymore. This was an original sod homestead house out on the plains that had been updated. A basement had been added under its very small main level. As I completed the two rooms of the main level I was really questioning why they had hired me, because so far, I found nothing out of the ordinary.

Then one of the owners asks, "so how do you feel about snakes?"

"I don't really feel anything about snakes. I don't think about them. I don't know anything about them. They're really not in my consciousness at all."

Just as quickly I heard this little voice inside my head say, "Now, why would he ask about that?"

So I asked him, "These snakes you're talking about...are they pets? Are they caged?"

"Yes they are," he replied.

"Um-m-m...are there few? Are there many?" I calmly inquired.

"Many," he said.

Again I hear that little voice inside myself musing, "Hm-m-m...Many Caged Pet Snakes. Something like those pet owners who have a dozen cats or two dozen dogs. I can do that." So down the stairs I went.

I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE REPTILE HOUSE AT SOME BIG CITY ZOO!

But indeed not! There was actually a bed, in the very middle of the room! An arched doorway led to another small bedroom where the bed was similiarly located and right at that entrance was a five-foot python cage with...you guessed it...a real live python!

Re-enter that voice inside my head, this time with an attitude, "No wonder this kid won't sleep in his bed at night! He knows where he sits on the food chain!"

And then, almost before I could register it, I catch the lightest, gentlest voice just next to my ear, the soft sounds just barely brushing by my hair. (In fact, I almost missed it because I was jabbering so loud to myself in a blah, blah, blah fashion of contempt.) "Why didn't they just ask me to leave? Goodbye!"

And just that fast, this little gray haired, plump grandma ghost was gone. I found out later that the original owner of the house had died a long time ago. Her name was Mrs. Pretty. I often wonder if it was a good idea to banish this little ghost. But the little boy slept in his room again with all those snakes after I was finished smudging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...your post is hilarious! Love it! Can you keep more of your stories coming? I'm so looking forward to reading them! I've subscribed to your blog feeds.

Evelyn

Tiago said...

haha. Some people are just unbelievable. I have a fiend who years ago decided to sell house quickly because of his believe in a small ghost living in that house that made sounds at night.

Some years later, I met the current owner of the house and told me that after repairing the pipetubes and putting poison for rats all the rare sounds stopped. haha